Dance & Art Retreat 25 August – 1 September
We dance and create in the rustic studio, in forest, fields, and historical ruins. This will be supported by sessions of bodywork, writing, meditation, sun bathing and a swim in the lake. With the quiet green surroundings of Createrre as ground inspiration.
– stretching & mobilisation before breakfast
– Movement classes with Kristien, with elements of (contact) improvisation, composition, butoh, bodywork
– Art classes with Matt, some days field trips, some days extra dance jam
– Optional singing
– Some nights: Art/Dance jam, singing at the fireplace…
…Mornings will be in silence…
You have the opportunity to work with two experienced makers and teachers. Both intrigued by the body in communication with the landscape.
* Matt Jackson*
Loves to go on treasure hunts, to make the most amazing creatures from what ever he takes home. Multidisciplinary artist, working on paper, making performances with puppets and creating sculptures, puppets, objects from all kinds of (preferably natural) materials.
* Kristien Sonnevijlle *
Loves to see the human body as a material. She’s getting to know it a little closer and deeper through cranio sacral work at the moment. A never ending quest for listening to the body’s whispering before shaping it with our ideas. What does my body tell? How does it echo the landscape?
Start: Friday 25 August, 6pm
End: Friday 1 September, 11 am
You can travel by train, car, car-sharing ( I try to bring participants in contact), plane and can reach Createrre in one day from Amsterdam.
We work with a sliding scale, within that the amount you pay is up to you. The more you pay, the more you support the artistic work of the teachers, that’s great!!!
own tent: 550-700 euro
Shared room/Quechua tent: 600-750 euro
double room: 650-800 euro
private room: 680-850 euro
– organic food made with love by a beautiful French woman
– accommodation in a rustic country side farm with spacious dance studio
– a full week of teaching & inspiration by Matt and Kristien.
Registration & info:
write us at firstname.lastname@example.org